ANEW is the 2020-21 Inclusive Arts Vermont exhibition showcasing works by 29 Vermont artists with disabilities. The included artwork represents each artists’ unique interpretation of the title – highlighting beginnings, doorways, fresh starts, and opportunity. The mission of Inclusive Arts Vermont is to engage the capabilities and enhance the confidence of children and adults with disabilities.
A verbal description of the video is available here.
The show features numerous accessibility features, including large print and braille documents, verbal descriptions of all artwork, tactile representations, and specialized gallery tours.
ANEW opened at the Flynn Center in Burlington on February 15, 2020, was sidelined by the pandemic, but moved to digital access, and then in Fall 2020, was able to travel to the following locations:
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH: October 6, 2020 – March 29, 2021
- T.W. Wood Gallery, Montpelier: May 1, 2021-June 25, 2021
Presented with support from: Vermont Community Foundation Arts Endowment Fund, the Vermont Arts Council, and Fountain Fund.
ANEW Artist Talks
From Fall 2020 through Spring 2021, we held monthly virtual talks with artists from the ANEW exhibition. Talks were held the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm on Facebook Live.
- ANEW Artist Talk with Aurora Berger
- ANEW Artist Talk with Madcollage
- ANEW Artist Talk with Jean Cherouny
- ANEW Artist Talk with Robert Gold
- ANEW Artist Talk with Margaret “Peggy” Lampe Kannenstine
- ANEW Artist Talk with Gwendolyn Evans
- ANEW Artist Talk with Paul Betz
- ANEW Artist Talk with John Killacky
- ANEW Artist Talk with Karen Lloyd
- ANEW Artist Talk with Gyllian Rae Svensson
- ANEW Artist Talk with Willow Bascom
For all videos, full transcripts and verbal description links in description on YouTube.